How to Apply Temporary Pink Hair Dye to Straight Hair
It can be tricky getting our temporary hair dye right the first time. But we're here to help! We've put together a fully comprehensive step-by-step guide on how you can apply our 100% temporary pink hair dye. This tutorial will work on any colour- there are 10 in total that can be mixed to create over 1000 different shades!
Facts about our Temporary Hair Dye
For those that are not familiar with our temp hair colours, here's everything you need to know:
- They wash out the first time completely with just water
- Completely vegan and cruelty-free
- You won't EVER need to pre-lighten your hair for this to use our temporary hair dye
- No bleach, no sufurs, no silicones, no parabens. Basically NONE of the nasty stuff associated with traditional hair dyes. It's actually so safe to use that you can apply it with your bare hands!
This tutorial was made for straight hair. If you have any other hair type, just head to the menu and click 'how to apply' and you'll find all our tutorials.
How to Apply Temporary Hair Colour
1. (Optional) Start off by treating your hair with a leave-in conditioner of your choice. This is will allow your hair to maintain all of it's natural softness throughout the temporary dye process. A deep condition beforehand will also do the trick!
2. The hair colour can be applied to damp or dry hair. To achieve the exact look above with our temporary pink hair dye- apply the wax to wet/damp hair.
3. Section your hair into manageable areas and start applying our temp dye to your hair. Start with small amounts and slowly increase as you gain confidence.
4. While your hair is still damp/wet, comb the temporary dye through each of the sections until there are no clumps in your hair. At this point, take a moment to appreciate how amazing it is that your hair is actually changing colour!
5. Once you've finished the application process, it's now time to start drying. We recommend drying on a low-medium heat or air drying- either is absolutely fine! Keep brushing your hair on and off whilst drying to ensure smoothness and softness.
6. You now have temporary pink or purple hair! (or any of our 10 other colours!). Feel free to use heat style your hair at this point.
7. To maintain the freshness of your look as long as possible, we recommend an occasional conditioning spray every now and then- biosilk is a great example.
8. Go out and receive compliments on how bold and beautiful your hair looks!
If you'd like more info on our temp dyes feel free to check out the rest of our website!
Creator: Shannon Alicia Allsop